Name:
Location: Florence, South Carolina

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Word Game & The Vent Trolls

Today we started a new vocabulary game for all of us. You're never to old to learn, right? Here's how it works....Every morning I give the boys a new word for the day. By the time they come home from school, they must have thought of a sentence using the word of the day...& it must make sense!!! Meana & I have to do it also. Then the next day, I will post the sentences so I can keep track. They get a point a day. I haven't figured out the reward system yet. We are still working on that.
So the word for the day is probity. It is a noun & it means complete & confirmed integrity; uprightness. Tune in tomorrow for the sentences!
Jhett was out of school on Friday, & Sterling was out today. So Sterling & I went & got our haircuts. He is such a good little fellow. She cut his hair first, & then while she was cutting mine, he sat there in the chair & read a magazine about Spongebob & Nickalodeon. Other than the subject matter, he looked like he was about 15! How did I ever get so lucky to have such wonderful children?
I know you are wondering what in the world are The Vent Trolls? Well, Sterling has absolutely no fear of anything. So this weekend, he decided to take his a/c vent cover off of the a/c vent in his bedroom & stick his hand down in it. Never mind that both of the boys think that the a/c duct system is their own personal intercom/secret communication portal, there for the sole purpose of their entertainment!! So in order to deter them from sticking toys or, heaven forbid, the kitties, down the duct, Meana & I told them that they shouldn't do that because the Vent Trolls would bite their arm off. Well, it didn't phase Sterling a bit. He went on to sleep almost immediately. But not Jhett! He kept coming down the stairs worried to death that the Vent Trolls would come out in the night & get him. We told him, they didn't come out. They just stayed in their to guard their territory. Well, he was not convinced! So after about 3 hours, we were getting ready to go to bed, & we told Jhett that we just made it up to keep them out of the vents. That made him a little better & he finally went to sleep. I told him not to tell Sterling though. So, what does he do? The next morning, Jhett whispers to me "I told Sterling that the Vent Trolls weren't real, but he didn't believe me." So much for Jhett keeping a secret!!! But, Sterling hasn't taken the vent cover off since then!
I am working on a Clemson Tiger cross stitch for Emily. I worked on it most of the weekend. When I get a little further along, I'll post pictures of my progress.
We skipped family movie night this weekend, because I had major PMS--the cramps, crying at the drop of a hat from something on TV, the moodiness, & of course the ever faithful migraine. Thanks Mother!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home