Name:
Location: Florence, South Carolina

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

2005 -- The Year In Review

Wow...can you believe it is already 2006? I graduated from high school 20 years ago!!! Where did the time go? I want to try & remember this past year....let's see....
January 2005, we (Emily, Jhett, Sterling & myself) were living in the 2 bedroom duplex in West Florence, & had no room whatsoever. Jhett was in kindergarden at Carver Elementary in Ms. Elaine Postons class. He was doing fine. Both boys were playing basketball for the YMCA. I was working for Horton Homes and learning about selling mobile homes. Emily was working for TRC Staffing in Lake City. She hated that job so much. It was so beneath her. Nothing really great about January. Oh, I did get a terrible stomach flu & almost died. Emily rushed me to the ER & they kept me for about 18 hours. I was severely dehydrated. But I got ok. And things got back to normal.

February 2005 -- We were still living in the duplex, with the same jobs. Same old, same old. Nana had a mild heart attack, but was ok. I passed my Housing Board exam in Myrtle Beach to sell manufactured homes.

March 2005 -- Jhett started playing baseball with the YMCA. This was his 2nd season. He is quite the little athlete! Emily got the flu & was out of work for about a week. She was looking for another job then too.

April 2005 -- On April 10th, Jhett turned 6!!! We had a party in Barnwell with Will, his cousin--Missy & Chips son. His birthday is April 27. Emily started working for Comfort Keepers, as office manager making more money & more responsibility. I was still at Horton Homes. David, Suzanne's husband passed away. We found out that Missy was pregnant with another boy!!!

May 2005 -- On May 7th, I turned 37!!! Yikes!!! I still feel like I am in my 20's. I guess having a young partner keeps you young. On May 29th, what would have been Mammie's 77th birthday, Emily & I got married. The service was small & quaint. It was in Timrod Park in Florence. Of course, I had to cry when I was saying my vows!!! Even though both of us had been married before, neither one of us felt in our hearts that we were truly married...until now. I also found us a 2 story, 4 Bedroom, 2 bath house to buy, so we began to prepare for the closing & the move. We closed on the house on May 31st. We began the horrid moving process. Emily said she was only moving one more time to our dream house, and we were hiring movers then. She was through, and so was I!!!

June 2005 -- We were slowly settling in at our new home. Boxes and more boxes. The boys had their own rooms again. Everyone was happy. Jhett went to Camp Invention at Carver for a week. They both went to vacation Bible School @ the First Baptist Church in Barnwell, with Nana & PawPaw.

July 2005 -- We took our vacation to Florida to visit Suzanne, and go to Disney. We never made it to see the mouse, because of the bad weather that week due to the hurricanes. We did head over to Melbourne to see the space shuttle launch, but the mission was scrubbed due to a faulty sensor. I did take the boys & Emily to FIT, & my old stoppin grounds. It was fun. I had a new job waiting on me with a different dealer -- M&R Development who also sold homes. I did pretty well there.

August 2005 -- Sterling started private school at The Byrnes School in 5-K, even though he was only 4. He was too intelligent to have in daycare another year. His teacher was Ms. Pam O'Brien. Tuition was a whopping $4500, but we agreed to spare no expense when it came to education. Jhett returned to Carver in 1st grade under Ms. Karen Munn, who turned out to be related to Emily. So that was cool.

September 2005 -- Sterling played soccer for Byrnes. They finished with a 10 & 2 season. Not bad, uh? He is such a fast runner. Jhett played NFL FLag Football at the YMCA. They finished with an 8 & 2 season. Jhett was the center. He wasn't very fast, but he always hustled. We can't wait until he's old enough for tackle football!!! Missy gave birth to Randall Charles "Charlie" Nolind on September 14th. That makes 5 great grand boys!!! Jhett, Will, Sterling, Matthew, & Charlie.

October 2005 -- They boys decided they wanted to play ice hockey this season. So of course, we enrolled them. They look like big old boys!!! Jhett lokks about 15 with all of his gear on, & Sterling looks about 8 or 9. They are doing pretty good learning to skate though. It's cool watching them progress.

November 2005 -- I quit my job with M&R Development. My boss was a condensending moron. I was stressing out so much, that Emily & I agreed it just wasn't worth it, even though the money was good. So we started our own company, ADC Development. We figured now was as good a time as any. We spent Thanksgiving in Barnwell at Missy's, & got to see Charlie for the first time. He is adorable. I got the baby fever bad!!! Everyone was there -- Nana, PawPaw, Papa Martin, Randy, Abbie, Bobby, Missy, Chip, Will, Charlie, Emily, Jhett, Sterling, & myself. It was fun. Emily & I went to Grandma Betty & Grandpa Ben's to visit the day after Thanksgiving. We had a break through of sorts. I think Ben looks at our relationship in a different light now.

December 2005 -- Emily got an impacted wisdom tooth & had to have 2 of them pulled out. She was in so much pain, & I couldn't fix it. After they were pulled, she was back to her old self. I sure did miss her! The business is going strong. We own 4 houses, & launched our website
adc-development.com We had a great Christmas, with Nana & PawPaw & Grandma Betty & Grandpa Ben. I look forward to what the next year will bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home