Name:
Location: Florence, South Carolina

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Dropping Acid

Yesterday, the kitchen sink decided to stop up. The garbage disposal, the dishwasher & the washing machine are all on the same drain line, so needless to say, we had a mess. We tried plunging it first, but to no avail. So Emily went & got some sulfuric acid from Lowes. It's black sludge, & it stinks like rotton eggs (characteristic of sulfer). So we poured it in the sinks...& waited & waited. I turned on the garbage disposal to get the water drained out of the right side of the sink. This caused a vibration, which caused the candle sitting on the sink to fall into the left side of the sink & splash acid on Emily's dress pants,& my face. She was so mad! Her pants will probably have a hole eaten through, & I have a burn on my cheek beside my eye. Then, I made a makeshift funnel, to get the acid directly into the drain, cause having it in the water wasn't helping. I spilled the acid all over my hand that was holding the makeshift funnel. Burnt three of my fingers, but not very bad, thank goodness. So we let the acid sit until after baseball practice yesterday & we created a vacuum between the two lines & forced the clog out. Mission accomplished!!! There's nothing that can stop the rowdy girls!!!! We run & run until we fall down & bleed! The sink was a casualty...if we can't get the black acid stains out, our next project will be to install a new kitchen sink!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home